Wednesday 6 February 2019

2017 Race Recap: Asics Relay, HSN21, Ampang Jaya Night Run, Allianz Pacesetters, PNM

Let's get back to where we left off. Since Twincity Marathon 2019 excitement has subsided. And let's do a combined one, now that I'm lagging behind so much.

Ampang Jaya Night Run

So this is was the first 10k after a long time. Moment of truth, plus hopeful. Hopeful that I will manage a sub 1 hour. Did my warm up, which was very unusual of me. So this was one of the races that I really had to focus on the warmup, it being a rather short distance and all.  But the heart rate before flag off was unusually high. So nothing much could be expected. And I was already struggling with the training. So the result was not much of a surprise. It was tough definitely. Especially since I wasn't training for it. I hit the paces all too blindly. I had to walk at some point along the race. Walk, for a 10km race, isn't it embarrassing. But I tried as much as I could until the end. The result could have been worse. It's almost 2 years from that race now, I hope I only have much to learn from that.




BHP run

So I got this very last minute. Suddenly William managed to find a slot for us, both me and hubs. So off we went. It was just the night after Ampang Jaya Night Run. So it was definitely meant to be an easy one. But it definitely didn't feel that easy. Tried what I could. Dragged the kids along, and let them wait for us at the starting line, before we can send them for football practice. Quite crazy. The kids were 10 and 8 years old.





Asics Relay


I've been wanting to join relay races for a long time. And suddenly, the guys in office suggested this. So off we went, registered ourselves for the Asics relay. Initially I thought it was a very low key event. But it was definitely not. A lot of strong runners were there. It was like a festive event. I had some trouble to the starting line myself. I arrived quite late, in order to make sure that the kids were alright. I had to stop for solat before that as well. When I reached, the road were mostly closed. I had to make rounds and still couldn't find anywhere to get near the starting line. There were no visible parking around as well. The race has even started. I was the second runner, so I hoped that I still got the time. Can't remember how many rounds did I make, alhamdulillah I managed to find some opening and managed to squeeze my car in. There was a parking spot for me as well.

I parked not too far as well. I remember nabilasam was making her 2nd round of the lap maybe. I managed to arrive just in time before William was finished with his, and off I went, to start off mine.








HSN21 2017


We purposely missed the 1st version in 2016. But we must accept the fact that it was a good event. So we signed ourselves up on its second year, in 2017. It didn't disappoint. The route, if it starts at Dataran Merdeka will definitely be tougher. But looking back at it now , it was quite fun. Haven't had that many races there as of late and gotten the chance to go through that route at night time certainly was something interesting. And that was the first time that I had my personal worst for a half. It has always been a decent one before that. I was supposed to pace my hubs, but he got away, and I couldn't get hold of him after that. So off I went having my own pace. Knew that I couldn't get a decent one, scrapped off any hints of hitting certain timing and just cruised along. And the result was also a cruising result then.









Allianz Pacesetter

Another day with the Batons. In daytime now. And much shorter distance of 3.3km now. But boy it was definitely not my game. Lack of fitness (which I later found out due to being severely anemic), short distance hence high energy burst requirement, on this old aunty body who's been only focusing on low intensity effort and Padang Merbuk route. Worst combination one can find. The pace says it all. Very embarrassing performance, I certainly failed the Batons big time.
















Putrajaya Night Marathon. 

So I missed the race pack collection. How embarrassing. I was hoping that I could pick it up right after Allianz, but the race pack collection was only held the day before. It was the first time that they don't allow same day collection. It's only allowed for those that has made prior arrangement. But we made our way still that night, all equipped and dressed, and hoped for some miracle. We had to go through few booths though, but in the end, we managed to legally run, but no timing chip and bib was handed out to us. And the most weird thing as well, the name is not even in the result. I thought it should at least displayed those that doesn't even make it to the starting line.

So with not being my optimal self, I decided to do my deed of being a pacer on duty. And that was the only, most successful pacer duty I had done. It was either the hubs got lost midway all of a sudden, I finished off just slightly earlier towards the end, like in Shah Alam half, or he let me go on before reaching midpoint. So it was a fruitful one. Heart rate wise seemed ok, but I can remember the effort well until now. It didn't feel especially easy. Unlike for Shah Alam Half Marathon. My fitness was one of its lowest point that time. But I was definitely glad that I managed to fulfill a better purpose of being a pacer. Should do it even more.






Ampang Jaya Night Run 2017

Date: 30 September 2017
Venue: Ampang
Distance: 10.10 km
Position: 14
Official Time:1:00:49
Personal Time: 1:00:44
Pace: 6:01

BHP Run 2017

Date: 1 October 2017
Venue: The Curve Kota Damansara
Distance: 10.87 km
Personal Time: 1:14:05
Pace: 6:49

Asics Relay 2017

Date: 7 Oct 2017
Venue: Putrajaya
Distance: 10.48 km
Position: 20
Official Time:57:42
Personal Time: 1:01:52
Pace: 5:54

HSN21 2017

Date: 14 Oct 2017
Venue: Dataran Merdeka
Distance: 21.85 km
Position: 52
Official Time:2:32:46
Personal Time: 2:30:24
Pace: 6:53

Allianz Pacesetters 2017

Date: 4 Nov 2017
Venue: Padang Merbuk
Distance: 3.23 km
Position: 21
Official Time:20:25
Personal Time: 20:44
Pace: 6:25

PNM 2017

Date: 4 Nov 2017
Venue: Putrajaya
Distance: 21 km
Position: 70
Official Time:2:17:50
Personal Time: 3:04:26
Pace: 8:41






No comments:

Post a Comment

Twincity 2019. "The Marathon". As of now.

So the months of hard work and life dream has finally broken. I have finally broken that 4:30 barrier, here in home soil, with few minutes t...