Wednesday 26 October 2022

Zwift Companion…literally

Yaya had one unutilised stationary bike. Gladly took the offer to bring it home. 

The last outdoor ride at that time was Perez, March 14, 2020.

8 weeks after, I got myself a trainer.

Could have been earlier had the delivery not took me almost a month. 

Life totally changed after.

Hands down, one of the best investment ever. 

RM 2800 for a complete set. And I’ve ridden thousands of km with it. 

I become an almost a master of Zwift.

Finished all the routes. Got the Tron bike less than 10 months after zwifting. Everest Base Camp. 

Stopped there though. Coudn’t bring myself to do the full Everesting and allocate complete 1 day off from everything else just to be with myself and the bike. Am not as lucky as others for the ultimate support system. 

2021 was the ultimate year where everyone got connected on Zwift. Started with the Plan A initiatives. Then many others came onboard. With common mixed group rides. Towards ladies only session.  U know a lot more people through that. Everyone simply came together, supporting and encouraging each other. It was a sweet few months.

Had my first Century Ride online as well. But this is not very impressive, as this was executed in a group ride, with load being shared. But it was a decent speed, so that was quite good in itself. 

Most proud of were the few killer zwift route that I executed on my own (or the 5 bidons routes as Zwift calls it): 

  1. The PRL Full - 173km/2496m gain - Average speed 28.6 kph, 122W, 6:05:52 (moving), 6:12:57 (elapsed)
  2. The Uber Pretzel - 128.3km/2335m gain - Average speed 26.1 kph, 130W, 5:27:26 (moving), 5:43:52 (elapsed)
  3. Four Horsemen - 89.3km/2112m gain - Average speed 23.9 kph, 132W, 3:44:50 (moving and elapsed)
  4. The Mega Pretzel - 107km/1642m gain - Average speed 25.9 kph, 124W, 4:08:45 (moving), 4:13:11 (elapsed)
  5. The Pretzel - 72.2km/1333m gain - Average speed 22.4 kph, 114W, 3:12:57 (moving and elapsed)

Until MCO were kind of lifted and many were able to ride outdoors. Then the Leha that we knew were brought outside. With few weekday morning rides. Which I only got to join once. More headed out, only the few loner one like me, still loyal with Zwift. Zwift is still my ultimate companion up till this point of writing. 

2021 also marks the very few good year I had with cycling. IRL. But that’s for another story. This one, is purely dedicated to my trusted companion, Zwift.

Thanks Zwift, I would have never survived without you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twincity 2019. "The Marathon". As of now.

So the months of hard work and life dream has finally broken. I have finally broken that 4:30 barrier, here in home soil, with few minutes t...