Wednesday 12 April 2023

KLSCM 2022…the Unexpected PB

5 months after the event, here goes KLSCM recap. 

A miracle did happen (refer to my post on KLSCM build up).

Just when I thought sub 2 hrs HM will never happen again, it did. And a PB while at it. Totally ecstatic. 

So I guess all d incidental build up and that last minute, less than 2 weeks specific workout was indeed fruitful

Sub 2 hrs HM is always a very special one. Started running since 2012. Pregnancy happened beginning April that year. Of course that means I didn’t get to progress much, running wise up until 1 year after. Had first HM in 2013 post pregnancy. Decent enough maiden HM timing at sub 2:15 for KLSCM. But it never got really better since then. Toggled between 2 hrs up til 2019, where I finally managed to nail the sub2 hrs at 1:57. This was supposed to be my key event prior to KLSCM FM that year, but shin splint struck again 3 weeks out of KLSCM. And I had to accept defeat, and turned to cycling. 

Fast forward 3 years after, with no specific training build up. Just, run as I’d like leading to Garmin HM 2022, then on towards Powerman, then a bit specificity around 1 week plus. Then suddenly, HM PB at 1:55 happened. -2 mins at 42 years of age. MasyaAllah, Alhamdulillah.

Another thing that helped the PB production of course because we managed to perform subuh prior. Didn’t need to stop in between run for subuh, making the run uninterrupted and the PB record is a clean one.

How the run happened? Of course, there’s no other secret recipe. Conservative start right up to 17km or so. 5km split was also very nice with -ve 5km split all the way. Nothing works better than conservative start and fast finish. HR was spiking right from the start, so I went by feel and hoped that the spikes was only due to adrenaline and not so much of the run being too hard. And I think it was partly right. 

It was a satisfying outcome indeed. HM is always a good enough distance. Would be sweet if the same outcome happens for FM as well. But guess I’m just too old for that much commitment. Until then, this is good enough for me to savour on. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Twincity 2019. "The Marathon". As of now.

So the months of hard work and life dream has finally broken. I have finally broken that 4:30 barrier, here in home soil, with few minutes t...