Tuesday 13 August 2024

The BP Matter

Apr 10, 2014. 

The date when this post was first drafted. 

***

Fast forward to 10 years later (2024), it is still some matter of significance. Lessen. Improved. But still worth some discussion

***

I have long had deep relationship with my BP. Yes, the blood pressure that is. It started way back in 1998 or 99 (almost 16 years back, back in 2014) and it still haunts me until now.

At 19 or 18 years of age, I had never really paid enough attention to the body's vital signs. But I remember there was a blood donation drive in MMU, where I was studying. I was excited to donate my blood. And I was rejected.

By BP and my hemoglobin level was too low. 

And there were a streak of multiple rejections ever since. All for the same reasons. Few that I can vaguely recall:
1. Donation for a sick colleague, Leukemia. He later on passed to meet the Almighty
2. There might have been one at the mall. Where I simply walked in just to test myself out. And as anticipated, another rejection.
3. Blood donation drive when I was in Digi. There was around 1 or twice

So, back to why did "The BP matter" was created back in 2014, but never got finished. I think it was a time when my fitness started to drop for no apparent reason. I thought I was overtraining. So I took my training a step back that time. But instead of recovering, things gotten worse and worse. I was at my weakest moment, training wise that time. I gave it few months I think, then don’t know what triggered it, it occurred to me that my iron level might have been low. Did some quick google research, and I got iron pill right after. I could sense that my condition improved almost abruptly. I then went for some medical checkups and it was confirmed. But this has always been my condition since forever. Didn’t know it could affect me fitness wise in that manner. Like no amount of training will be enough to boost your fitness back up. And based on some google research, you may be losing iron from the amount of sweat that you lose as well. And this was very interesting. I was so lucky I was the kind who can sense small difference in my performance, and may be alert enough to identify the issue.

Long story short, I’ve been on iron pills ever since. I may have dare enough to stop only circa 2022 or 2023. Even then, I still try to supplement myself with the Pink Lady powder, where it supposed to boost your iron level as well.

But most importantly, I finally managed to donate my blood in November 2023. Such a moment in life. Alhamdulillah. Hope things really take on to be better (despite got rejected again for another time, but I hope it was just a temporary thing.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Twincity 2019. "The Marathon". As of now.

So the months of hard work and life dream has finally broken. I have finally broken that 4:30 barrier, here in home soil, with few minutes t...