Thursday 15 August 2024

How it started

This was initiated Mar 13, 2015

Never get finished. 

***
16 Aug 2024

***

I started running officially, systematically in 22 July 2009. It was my first Nike Plus record at the following details. See how bad the pace was. It was just outside of my house, doing the loops. Probably after I delivered Qays. I had no idea what a pace was. I had to figured it out myself after few runs. I remember thinking "why does it get lesser everytime", I should have gone faster, hence it should be more instead of less. Little did I know that pace was a different measure from speed. Speed has always been a measure for .... speed...be it in physics, vehicle speed. I know what pace means, but I never thought that it's denominated by time over distance, and not the other way around. That's how I started. So naive and innocent.


Then there was nothing much further until the Penang Bridge International Marathon Drive in 2011. Where Digi CEO at that time, Henrik Clausen was an avid marathoner. I started the run alone. With no one else for motivation. I get motivated and knowledge only from Runner's World. Learnt everything from scratch on my own. Many years on, Alhamdulillah, I am still at it. Less inquisitive than before, hopefully because everything is very much at the back of my head. Though the thrills of doing races is less now, I am more at ease at the relationship that I have with running now. I do miss the sense of discipline I had. Very early hours. Early sleeps. Finish things early and not much distraction. Hoping that I have the strength and the health to continue running till later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twincity 2019. "The Marathon". As of now.

So the months of hard work and life dream has finally broken. I have finally broken that 4:30 barrier, here in home soil, with few minutes t...