Wednesday 2 November 2022

Crash build up plan for KLSCM 2022

More for my own notes, instead of a genuine blog entry.

Wanted to plan for a specific workout plan, leading up to KLSCM HM 2022. Which will happen within 11 days. Since I quite conveniently have tune up races data, figured, it should be good enough for me to have some rough estimates for the event, and maybe can squeeze whatever possible in terms of specific training.

1st Indicator

Had a good 5km from the recent Powerman 2022 - 1st run @ 4:51 pace, with supposed 5km time of 24:15 (supposed because Powerman was slightly underdistance, but I don’t think it was impossible for me to reach that timing, especially when that 5km was to be followed up with 30km ride and another 5km run).

2nd Indicator

The recent Garmin HM in September was not that far out. It was quite over distance. Assuming an actual 21.1 timing, I should have finished the event in 2:03:05. Runner’s World guide - 2:04 to 2:06. 

3rd Indicator

Best 10km, which was quite some time ago, but considering the recent 5km, don’t think it was too far out. Runner’s World indicator only needs 54mins, my best 10km last year was 52:21.

Race Prediction - HM at 1:51:33@5:17

Overjoyed with the prediction. But we know this is a tough one. Haven’t had that many long distance lately. But I have 11 days to squeeze whatever remain. And KLSCM, never an easy one. But a plan is still better than none. 

11 days, but with just 5 runs left. 3 key workouts. Let’s hope for miracle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Twincity 2019. "The Marathon". As of now.

So the months of hard work and life dream has finally broken. I have finally broken that 4:30 barrier, here in home soil, with few minutes t...